Finite Element Analysis
Finite element analysis is an important engineering tool for stress analysis, fracture and fatigue analysis, and design analysis of any structure. Finite element analysis breaks a large, complex structure into small elements which are fed into a computer to determine such information such as the deformation and stress in the entire structure being evaluated. Analysis can include nearly any material, complex structures, and a wide variety of loading conditions. This tool can be used for optimizing designs up front during the design process, analyzing vehicle crash performance, or performing root cause analysis of a pressure vessel explosion. Fusion Engineering has leading engineers who utilize state of the art finite element analysis software to perform analysis of complex structural problems. Our engineers also teach finite element analysis to university students and provide seminars to design engineers. Fusion Engineering are equipped to handle your finite element analysis needs, from small jobs to large scale jobs.
Representative past projects include:
- Stress analysis of automotive components
- Vehicle crashworthiness analysis
- Fracture and fatigue analysis of bolted joints
- Buckling and collapse analysis of large crane boom structure
- Vibration analysis of aerospace structures
- Materials evaluated include metals (steel, aluminum, brass, etc.), rubbers and plastics, glass, composites, soil.