Fusion Engineering seeks a fire investigator to join its multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering consulting team. We serve industrial, insurance, and litigation clients across the country and throughout the world by “making the complex simple” for clients across a range of needs including design analysis, post-accident investigation and reconstruction, failure analysis, and intellectual property matters. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Determine the cause and origin of equipment, structural, and vehicular fires and explosions.
- Assist in securing evidence of fire and/or explosion scenes.
- Conducts on-site, hands-on forensic fire analysis.
- Analyze causes of fires by conducting site visits and applying scientific principles and practices in accordance with industry standards to the damaged structure or vehicle.
- Travel to accident scenes or client sites to perform inspections and gather data
- Evaluate existing materials to draw conclusions and/or identify an action plan
- Manage projects from inception to completion, providing guidance to clients
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams to analyze complex issues
- Prepare concise written reports of analysis and conclusions
- Provide testimony of findings at deposition or trial
- Author technical papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Present at technical conferences
- Develop client relationships and promote business growth
- Assist in marketing technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science or related field preferred OR Degree(s) in Fire Protection Engineering
- MUST have a minimum of five (5) years of Fire Investigation experience
- Must have or be able to quickly obtain IAAI-CFI certification
- Must be familiar with NFPA 921
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably including experience in consulting and/or testifying
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast-pace in a team environment and independently
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in statistics
- Attention to detail
Travel requirements: Up to 35%, as required by project work
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Fusion Engineering offers competitive salaries and benefits