Director Accident Reconstruction
Fusion Engineering seeks a accident reconstruction specialist to join its multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering consulting team. We serve industrial, insurance, and litigation clients across the country and throughout the world by “making the complex simple” for clients across a range of needs including design analysis, post-accident investigation and reconstruction, failure analysis, and intellectual property matters. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Conduct field investigations and perform failure analysis involving various types of vehicles and mechanical equipment involved in incidents.
- Perform vehicle accident reconstruction or failure analysis of mechanical equipment or components.
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, computer simulations, and technical reporting
- Investigate the design, safety and failure of mechanical systems and machinery
- Travel to accident scenes or client sites to perform inspections and gather data
- Evaluate existing materials to draw conclusions and/or identify an action plan
- Manage projects from inception to completion, providing guidance to clients
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams to analyze complex issues
- Prepare concise written reports of analysis and conclusions
- Provide testimony of findings at deposition or trial
- Author technical papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Present at technical conferences
- Develop client relationships and promote business growth
- Assist in marketing technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, preferably including experience in consulting and/or testifying
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast-pace in a team environment and independently
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in statistics
- Attention to detail
Travel requirements: Up to 35%, as required by project work
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Fusion Engineering offers competitive salaries and benefits.